Troubleshooting Concrete Fountains
What to check if your Fountain stops running.
Fountain is assembled and pump is plugged in, but the fountain isn’t running.
Check the following…
- Is the electricity active?
- Is the tubing kinked or is the restrictor clap to tight and not letting the water flow thru tubing?
- Is the pump intake stopped up with debris, such as a leave, algea, straw, any foreign matter that may be in the water?
- On the pump behind the screen filter, there is a wheel that pumps the water. Take the screen/filter off and make sure no debris is clogging the motor wheel.
- Plug and unplug the motor several times to clear any such air that may have the motor to a halt.
- Make sure there is enough water in the fountain bowl to the point the pump is submerged.
Fountain water is dirty and cloudy.
- Add one or two capfuls of The Cement Barn’s Water Clarifier into the water.
- Rinse the fountain and replace the water supply as often as needed to keep clear water.
Fountain finish is beginning to fade with age.
- Apply a light coat of The Cement Barn’s Concrete Sealer to restore the luster.
- Refinish the piece with The Cement Barn’s Refinishing Kit.